Do you snore? Do you fall asleep by the TV in the evening and no longer feel awake and rested in the morning? This is serious! Snoring can be a symptom of a dangerous disease – obstructive apnea syndrome or sleep apnea disease.
Left untreated sleep apnea:
- Increases the risk of heart attack and stroke;
- can cause severe hypertension and dangerous cardiac arrhythmias;
- can lead to mental impairment and cause impotence;
- Sleep apnea sufferers not only feel unwell during the day, but also are more often involved in serious traffic accidents due to the drowsiness caused by the disease.
So how do you cure snoring and apnea? Your algorithm for action is simple:
- Contact a specialist-somnologist;
- Undergo a special examination, which will establish a definitive diagnosis;
- Choose an adequate treatment.